Formulated to improve process reliability, reduce cycle-times, and fortify functionality for enteric coating applications.
These specialty excipients were developed by Pace formulation scientists to solve unique coating problems for pharmaceutical and dietary supplement products. Our products improve film coating performance, simplify coating operations, and reduce process times and cost.
PlasACRYL® is a 20% emulsion containing anti-tacking and plasticizing components that simplify the preparation of a robust coating suspension. PlasACRYL® is commonly used with acrylic polymer coating systems for tablet and multiparticulate coating applications.
PlasACRYL® is manufactured by Pace Analytical and distributed globally by Evonik Corporation. PlasACRYL® is designed for synergistic use with EUDRAGIT® aqueous-based acrylic polymers.
- Enteric coating
- Sustained-release coating
- Drug layering
- Tablets and multiparticulates
- Simplified coating suspension preparation – no high shear mixing
- 30% shorter cycle-time over conventional approaches
- Increased process reliability
- Reduced multiparticulate agglomeration
- Replacement for talc and additional plasticizer
- Eliminates sedimentation in coating equipment tubing
- Prevents spray nozzle clogs
- Widely accepted excipients
- Aids in reducing tablet or multiparticulate cohesion
- Anti-tacking agent
- Multiple grades available